Sunday, March 23, 2014

Her new shoes, and the God moment

A couple nights ago God just decided to teach me a whole bunch of amazing things.

My sister got new shoes this week so she wants to wear them everywhere. She can't tie them on her own so before she went to kids church on Wednesday she was strictly told NOT to take her shoes off until she got home. It just so happened that at kids church that night the game was called "the shoe game" which requires taking off ones shoes. My sister was the only kid who did not play the game of the night.
It amazes me how young we are when God starts teaching us and testing us. My sis definitely passed her test of obedience. I can't easily remember any test I went through when I was young, but they must have been there. She was still joyful when she got home that night and told us that story.

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." -James 1:2-3

The other thing God taught me happened while I was reading my devotional and Bible that same night.

"Then the king said to me, 'What do you request?' So I prayed to the God of heaven. And I said to the king, 'If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my father's tombs, that I may rebuild it.'" -Nehemiah 2:4-5

Here is Nehemiah, a simple cupbearer of the king. The king notices Nehemiah's sad face and asks about it. Nehemiah explains that the city he loves lays in ruins, so how can he be happy. So the king grants Nehemiah's wish to go and rebuild the city wall and gate. But in verse four it states that Nehemiah prayed to God before he responded to king. In all of his stress and sorrows he remembered God. "...So I prayed to the God of heaven..." And then Nehemiah answered the king. Nehemiah found favor in the kings sight, therefore his request was granted. Also, notice that Nehemiah wasn't even worried about how he was going to rebuild the wall; he just knew that God was going to help him.
-Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment