Monday, November 17, 2014

Faithful

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Who then is the faithful and wise servant, who his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?  Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.

Matthew 24:44-46


The vast majority of my waking hours are spent working and going about the daily demands of life.  It is here where I too (most) often forget to consciously and deliberately seek and reflect Jesus Christ.  Every single minute of everyday He is observing me.  Does he find me faithful in all of those times or do I compartmentalize my Christian walk and focus on God into segments of my day or life?  Far too much the latter.  Many of the teachings of Jesus are hard and unequivocal. As Christians we are not to live in fear and anxiety of not living up to God's standard.  But life in Christ cannot be found passively while we are just getting through the day.  It is found in a minute by minute, day by day pursuit of God.

My life is not my own.  This is in complete conflict with my human mind and spirit.  For me this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

Great and eternal Lord, forgive me - a sinner - a man of flesh and bone.  Fill me with your Holy Spirit that I can die to self and serve you faithfully in all things and at all times.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment