Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Let love shine through...

Time goes by so fast! I cannot believe it is already summer! Well almost. My goal this summer is not to waste it, let me be more specific, I want to do things this summer that won't just be "in the moment" things, but things that will last forever!
 On August 23rd it will be Davids one year anniversary with us! I am so excited but there is also a reality that he could be gone soon. Same with the other boys! I can't even think about it without wanting to just cry, they mean so much to me! Rather than spending this summer dreading the day they might have to leave I want to be making memories with them. Memories that will stick with me and the boys! I want to set a good example for them and see them grow! I love seeing them work together and have conversations. David and Paedon, no matter how many times they get on my nerves, are so compassionate and loving. They're teaching me too!
I don't know why it is so hard for me to show compassion and kindness to my own biological sisters, but I need to be showing them extra love. I need to be living everyday as if it were my last...because it just might be! I want to let love shine through in the best of times and worst!
Lord, I am so sorry for my selfishness that seems to get in the way of everything! I never want to make people feel bad about themselves, I want to make them feel loved! Help me show the love and kindness you've shown me, to my family, and friends, and strangers. I don't want to keep my doors closed and never let anyone in God. My pride gets in the way so much of the time Lord. Even when I know I have done something wrong I never want to admit it. So I pray that you would open the doors of my heart, that love and kindness, and everything good would come pouring out onto those around me, and that I wouldn't try so hard to hide my faults! I fall so much God and I am so thankful that you never fail to pick me up again, thank you for the people you have put in my life to pick me up too! Help me to truly follow in your steps!

Open the doors of my heart
and let everything out
If we're all hiding
how will the world ever know
the greatness of our Lord
I'm gonna open up the doors

No comments:

Post a Comment