Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Love Suffers Long

1 Corinthians 13 is known as the love chapter. It talks all about what true love is and what true love does. The chapter is great, but I have a hard time letting it sink in and change me unless I have personal experience with it.

Have you ever had someone in your life that is hard to love, let alone get along with? I have. She is young, so I try to let her mature on her own and just keep learning, but it's tough. My family was asking for prayer about the situation at church on Sunday and that is when someone reminded us that "love suffers long". All of a sudden 1 Corinthians 13:4 clicked.. "Love suffers long...". That is exactly what God is trying to teach me right now. I wish I could just absorb knowledge from the Bible, but that doesn't seem to work for me or many others. We have to go through the testing. I am being tested on loving this child unconditionally because love is supposed to be long-suffering.

1 Corinthians 13:4 "Love suffers long..." Love everyone no matter how hard the challenge sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment