Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tonight I am reminded of a song I mentioned a while ago. The chorus goes,
Don't stop the madness 
Don't stop the chaos
Don't stop the pain surrounding me
Don't be afraid, Lord, to break my heart
Just bring me down to my knees
These words are such a good reminder of my need for God.  

It's funny how you can approach things from all kinds of different angles. Before, I approached this song with such enthusiasm because before I heard it I was literally on my knees seeking God. After hearing the songs I remember just thanking him for everything. 
We gladly take the blessing but most of the time we don't want the hardships. I think Job sets a fine example of how we should be in times of trouble. Man! I can't imagine going through everything he went through! But despite it all he blessed the Lord. He went to his knees before God. 
the Lord gives and the lord takes away...blessed be the name of the Lord.

I want to recognize the goodness of the Lord all the time. I hate to say it, but sometimes I need those hard times. Sometimes that is what it takes to get me on my knees seeking God rather than depending on myself. So this time I am not on my knees because of feeling defeated by the madness and chaos...actually it is almost the opposite. I am on my knees seeking the Lord and humbling myself before Him. I need more humility.  I need him all day everyday. I am so very glad his grace never runs out on me!
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment