Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'll be seventeen in a few hours...

6,209 days old

I guess I am writing this to get my thoughts down. Not to get all Debby downer but I have wasted so much of my life being selfish and prideful. Yes I know I'm only seventeen, but still I wish my eyes had been on Jesus and only on Him from the beginning. On the bright side, looking back I can see how far I've come. How much I have grown. How much Jesus Christ has transformed me. I am overjoyed to know he is still transforming me even now.

Despite the pride that still wants to sneak up into my thoughts and actions, and despite my constant need for direction and forgiveness, God loves me unconditionally and he is faithful and gracious. I love Him with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.

As I start this new year I am coming to the reality that I am practically an adult who will need a job, probably be going to college, and eventually have my own place. This creeps me out, but I am also so excited because I have seen the amazing things Jesus does when we take a step of faith and fix our eyes on Jesus. I want to fix my eyes on Jesus now and for the rest of my life because I want to bring glory to him and I am willing and able to do whatever it is he wants me to do as long as I don't look down.

I'm so excited that I am able to see how God is using me now and even more excited to see how He will use me in the future.

I am crazy blessed with some amazing friends. People that encourage me to be obedient to God. People who genuinely love me and definitely show it. This past year has been interesting and eye opening. I'm so thankful that even though people will let you down God will never. ever. let you down. He is faithful and true and pure. He is love.

Lord God, may everything I do be pleasing to you. Here I am Lord, use me. I want to be your hands and feet. I want to show everyone I meet how much you love them. Thank you for the amazing people you have put in my life. Thank you for my new forever brothers! Thank you for my parents who are supportive, encouraging and loving. They are not just my parents but also my friends. Thank you for my sisters. Thank you for Dani and her passion for you. I pray her passion would only grow. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I love you Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment