Thursday, September 5, 2013

Here comes the rain again...

There's a flood watch in effect for Western Washington today!!

I have started writing this and then deleted it a few times now.  I suppose because I am not feeling so profound in thought - but feel like there is something I want to express about the strong feelings that seem to accompany a change of seasons.  Fall is truly my favorite time of year - and yet - conversely - it is tinged with a certain melancholy.  Somehow, the season seems to make me focus more inward and I am not always comfortable with what I find there.

In the summer days of my life - oh I am really getting profound and metaphoric now - I need to focus all the more on knowing my Savior and serving him.  It is easy in those days to instead just be immersed in the sunshine and pleasure of life outside of my walk with the Lord.  Instead I should be cultivating and growing spiritually to prepare for a harvest that will leave my storehouses full when the rain and storms set in. My joy cannot be ultimately founded in summer sunshine, the crisp mornings and colors of Fall or any other external factors.  These seasons and times come and go.  A heart that is focused on the Lord will know joy and stability throughout any season of the year or of life.

Lord, I look to you for all of my needs as I know you alone are sufficient.  I pray you will fill my heart with your joy and sustain me through this day.  I want to be able to give myself away to others instead of getting caught up in my own head and focusing on me.  Thank you for the sun.  Thank you for the rain. Help me to not be constantly up and down and blown by the wind - but set my feet solidly on the rock and give me the strength to stand.
-mike






...metaphoric??


No comments:

Post a Comment