Monday, September 16, 2013

You are faithful.

The truth is it freaks me out that I'm going to start college in a few days.

While praying the other day The Lord put a piece of scripture in my heart. Lamentations 3:

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord...Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the Lord ! Let us lift up our hearts and hands to God in heaven:... “I called on your name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit; you heard my plea, ‘Do not close your ear to my cry for help!’ You came near when I called on you; you said, ‘Do not fear!’ 
Lamentations 3:21-26, 40, 41, 55-57

God is faithful. I can hold on to the promise that he is with me, and he loves me unconditionally! At the end of the day all that really matters is that I glorified God. 

I was positive I was not going to pass the test to get into running start, and I said
Lord, if this is what you want, you know what to do...so sure enough I passed the test my first try.  

I've been starting to realize that He just wants me to trust him. So I'm gonna trust you Lord. I'm gonna need you to keep me focused because I just know I'm going to be distracted so easily by schoolwork. I want to be bold in my faith. I want to make a difference in the lives of the people around me. I'm taking your hand Lord. I trust you.



No comments:

Post a Comment