Saturday, May 25, 2013

Counting Up The Cost.

Let me start off by saying...ISN'T OUR GOD AWESOME!

You are meant for more! This life was meant to be given away. What do I mean by that? Luke 14:25-33 talks more about the subject, in fact the words spoken by Jesus in this passage are so key to the way we are meant to live our life. Jesus tells us we are to DIE to ourselves. That we need to be willing to walk away from everything. To turn your back on EVERYTHING! Have you thought about that?
As I embark on this journey I am struck with this idea of giving up everything. Am I willing to leave my family, if that is what it comes too? Am I willing to give up the possessions that mean so much to me? We are using the book Multiply in our family Bible study and within the first few pages you are given some HARD questions to ask yourself. I would encourage you to check it out, and ask yourself, What will it cost you? Please, don't just read this and walk away from it. I can't tell you how critical this is, and how we cannot take this lightly! Check out the Multiply website, it has an online copy of the book for free. I have decided to place my faith in Him, and follow in His steps. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment