Monday, May 13, 2013

Trust in the Lord!

The truth is everyone struggles. Even Christians. In fact the struggle seems to get harder as you become closer to God. But it also seems to get easier. I feel so stressed out lately with school, feeling like I need to be helping out around the house more, and college. There's other things too but I don't want to dwell on things that I can't really change. I have to do school, and because of that I can't help out around the house as much. College is going to come, but really all I need to be doing is praying about it and saving money. I mean there are better things to do then just sit around dwelling on these things that stress me out! The Bible says in Matthew 6,after talking a bit about why we shouldn't worry,
34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
 God is there for me always and forever! I don't need to worry. In fact if I am worrying that means my focus is not on God alone, and that's where I want it.
 There is a struggle! There will always be, but what a great thing to know that God's right there, reaching out his hand, if only we would take it. And what is even greater is that when we make mistakes God's grace is sufficient!
 I have heard many people say that, and I have seen many people take it the wrong way. I am in no way saying we should be okay with sinning, or not try to live our life as Jesus did because there is forgiveness. We need to be striving to be like Him, striving to be pure. We're human, we will make mistakes but what I am saying is that we don't have to linger in them, because God forgives, if we just ask and forgive ourselves. We can't do it alone, it requires total devotion to Jesus!  He will help us.
Trust in the Lord! He will never let you down! He will never give us more than we can handle with him. Thank you Jesus for that promise! I choose to live in the peace that only you can give! I pray that as my worries fade away, I would be able to see more clearly the way you want me to go, as I follow in Your steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment