Friday, May 3, 2013

Words...

Words~Hawk Nelson
I'll be honest with you, today was a hard day. I was tired and cranky, but after asking for prayer and spending time with the Lord my attitude changed completely. We had Friday night hangout tonight, it's something we do with our youth group, and it was the perfect time to follow in His steps...for me the  challenge was keeping positive even though I was ridiculously tired! Dani's challenge however was much more complex. She struggles with forgiveness towards an individual that was there, and she is hurt by the gossip that go's on behind her back and the insults that are made to her face.  We got home and I confronted her about what I saw. The Bible says we are to love one another, to pray for those who persecute us. Gods kindness is supposed to lead us to repentance so we should show kindness praying that it would lead them to repentance. Still angry she said that now everyone thinks things about her that aren't true. I replied, "Does it really matter what people think or say?" I told her the only way it matters is if we let it, words can build us up, words can bring us down. Yes when people say hurtful things its going to sting, but are we going to let it get in the way of living a life pleasing to the Lord, and obeying Him? What if we showed extra kindness to our enemies? What are you going to let have dominion over you? Are you going to stoop down to their level or LET YOUR WORDS BE LIFE!? So now she is excited to see this person again, and show extra kindess and extra love!

On the extra bright side of today... Club Awesome will be in Tacoma May 21st and we are going! Holla! FIVE DIFFERENT NACHOS! five different nachos! :) So excited!

Club Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment